Ability Built Computers is an innovative program of Ability Building Center (ABC) in partnership with community government, non-governmental and private sector organizations throughout Southeastern Minnesota.
Our program refurbishes donated computer equipment and makes this equipment available for sale at reduced prices to qualified organizations, families and individuals. We are proud to be a Microsoft Registered Refurbisher offering genuine Microsoft products.
Ability Built Computers has three primary goals:
- Provide high-quality, cost-effective technology solutions to eligible partners (lower income individuals and families, schools and eligible nonprofit organizations);
- Provide modern job opportunities to people with disabilities; and
- Recycle, refurbish, and reuse as much equipment as possible, leaving very little to enter the waste stream.
Information for Individuals or Families
Information for Organizations (Non-profits, schools, etc.)
Other Ways You Can Help
- Donate. Our program partners with community government, non-governmental and private sector organizations to receive unneeded computer and technology equipment. ABC clients and tech volunteers refurbish the donated equipment where possible and otherwise identify working components that can be used in the refurbishment process. Any scrap materials are recycled or disposed in an environmentally sound manner. For more information please contact us by email or by phone at (507) 535-7119.
- Volunteer. Ability Built Computers has ample volunteer opportunities in areas such as program assistance, engineering, facilities and maintenance, supervision of persons with disabilities, technology and marketing. Volunteering with Ability Built Computers is a great way to use your talents and experience to make a difference in the lives of persons with disabilities. If your career goals include taking time to give back to your community, Ability Built Computers is the place for you! See the ABC volunteer page for more information and to contact a volunteer coordinator.