Do what you like; like what you do!
Are you feeling fulfilled in your work life? Would you love to come to work every day? Consider a career at ABC working alongside people with disabilities and completing contracts for our partners.
Benefits of working for Team ABC include:
- Generous paid time off
- Medical, dental, and flex spending options for full time employees
- 403B match after 6 months of employment
- Employer-paid life insurance after 6 months of employment
- Fun working environment
- Opportunities for career growth
ABILITY BUILDING COMMUNITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, and VETERAN-FRIENDLY EMPLOYER!
Questions? Call Anne Winfrey at (507) 535-7116.
Current ABC Staff Openings
Last updated December 22, 2020
Direct Support Professional (Caledonia and La Crescent)
Ability Building Community is looking for a Direct Support Professional to join our amazing team in Caledonia, MN!
About the Job:
Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) are responsible for supporting individuals in the areas of work, recreation/leisure, and independent living services. DSPs help keep individuals on track with their goals and provide necessary supports to ensure all have a worthwhile experience at ABC (either in center or out in the community) each day. DSPs are essential to making sure the ABC mission is being met, day in and day out. Every day if different, rewarding, and fun!
Schedule and pay:
We are currently seeking one full time position, but would be willing to consider job sharing (two part time people) to fill the position. Hours may fluctuate slightly, but will be typically daytime hours, Monday-Friday. The starting wage for a Direct Support Professional is $12.00/hour, plus a benefits package for full time (30 hours/week or more) employees.
- Must be 18 or older, and have a valid driver’s license, valid car insurance, be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and Department of Human Services background study.
- Must be able to communicate well, written and orally, and follow directions.
- Experience working with people with disabilities is a plus, but is not required.
ABILITY BUILDING COMMUNITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, and VETERAN-FRIENDLY EMPLOYER
COVID-19 considerations: ABC has an extremely robust Preparedness Plan to ensure safety for staff and individuals served. This plan will be provided upon request.