Do what you like; like what you do!
Are you feeling fulfilled in your work life? Would you love to come to work every day? Consider a career at ABC working alongside people with disabilities and completing contracts for our partners. ABC offers great hours, flexible schedules, and generous paid time off!
Ability Building Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Questions? Call Kellie Wendland at (507) 535-7104.
Current ABC Staff Openings
Last updated January 24, 2019
- Direct Support Professional (multiple openings, Rochester, LaCrescent, Caledonia)
- Accounting Manager
- Individualized Employment Services (IEC) Program Manager
- Work Supervisor
Direct Support Professional (Multiple Openings)
Location: Rochester and LaCrescent
Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends possible; full-and part-time positions available.
Responsible for implementation of training and habilitation plans and direct supervision of adults with disabilities in facility-based and community based employment.
- Preference given to individuals having experience working with persons having disabilities.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Good “people” skills.
- Computer skills necessary.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and be willing to transport program participants.
- Evenings and weekends are possible.
$12.00 per hour + shift differential and benefits for eligible positions.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ON INDEED.COM (full time Rochester)
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ON INDEED.COM (part time Rochester)
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ON INDEED.COM (LaCrescent)
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ON INDEED.COM (Caledonia)
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm
RESPONSIBILITIES: The primary focus of the Accounting manager is to supervise, track, and evaluate day-to-day activities. Accounting manager responsibilities include establishing financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting information. Customer service, both internal and external, is also a primary responsibility for each Accounting department member.
QUALIFICATIONS: A 4 year degree in Accounting or Finance with 2 years of supervisory accounting experience, or a two year accounting degree with at least 10 years of related work experience and at least 5 years in an accounting/finance supervisory role will be considered based on discretion.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience.
Individualized Employment Services (IES) Program Manager
The Individualized Employment Services (IES) Program Manager will be responsible for the development and management of the Individualized Employment Services programs. This position will be responsible for the overall supervision of staff employed in the program and have the primary responsibility for assuring that the program meets accreditation, County, State, and Federal licensing standards. The IES Program Manager will ensure that quality services are provided to program participants in a person-centered, efficient and cost effective fashion, utilizing community resources and the least restrictive environment and techniques as possible.
- Bachelor’s degree in Vocational Rehabilitation or related field preferred, with 4 years of related experience.
- Must be 18 or older, and have a valid driver’s license, valid car insurance, be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and Department of Human Services background study.
- Must be certified or achieve certification in CPR, First Aid, PIA (Physical Intervention Alternatives).
- Must be certified or achieve certification in Customized Employment.
This is a full time position (Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm) but you may be required to work beyond the regular stated hours.
This position will primarily focus on managing a production area in our Supply Chain and Fulfillment Center. The size and scope of our facility affords Work Supervisors the freedom to manage and control all aspects of their assigned area.
- Implement participant program plan objectives as indicated in the participant’s program plan. Conduct participant performance appraisals when requested from Program Coordinators. Write monthly case notes for each participant supervised.
- Manage all physical aspects of an assigned production area to include: safety, equipment/fixed assets and physical layout to ensure optimal efficiency.
- Manage the supply chain process of an assigned production area to include: raw material receiving, purchase order processing, completion of the work, quality, and finished goods shipping.
- Communicate and provide occasional customer service for assigned products.
- Conduct daily record-keeping such as time cards, program participant productivities, and time studies.
- Assist in other departments and areas as needed. Participate in the overall agency mission and goals.
1-2 years of experience operating in a manufacturing/production environment
Previous experience or education in rehabilitation preferred, but not required.
ABC is seeking individuals who are motivated, professional, and most importantly, radiate a positive attitude. Our production facility operates as a hybrid between production and rehabilitation programming, but we are seeking candidates who primarily have production experience for this position. Candidates that have no experience in programming will be given comprehensive training to match their production experience. Come work at ABC, where there is meaning behind everything we build!