Do what you like; like what you do!
Are you feeling fulfilled in your work life? Would you love to come to work every day? Consider a career at ABC working alongside people with disabilities and completing contracts for our partners. ABC offers great hours, flexible schedules, and generous paid time off!
Ability Building Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Questions? Call Kellie Wendland at (507) 535-7104.
Current ABC Staff Openings
Last updated Thursday, December 6, 2018
- Direct Support Professional (multiple openings, Rochester, LaCrescent, Caledonia)
- Work Supervisor (multiple openings in Rochester)
Direct Support Professional (Multiple Openings)
Location: Rochester and LaCrescent
Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends possible; full-and part-time positions available.
Responsible for implementation of training and habilitation plans and direct supervision of adults with disabilities in facility-based and community based employment.
- Preference given to individuals having experience working with persons having disabilities.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Good “people” skills.
- Computer skills necessary.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and be willing to transport program participants.
- Evenings and weekends are possible.
Positions range from $11.00 to $12.00 per hour + shift differential and benefits for eligible positions.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ON INDEED.COM (full time Rochester)
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ON INDEED.COM (part time Rochester)
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ON INDEED.COM (LaCrescent)
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ON INDEED.COM (Caledonia)
Program: Ability Enterprises
About the Job:
Program Coordinators at ABC are responsible for developing, coordinating, and supervising program services for ABC participants. ABC Program Coordinators keep a person centered outlook on all services provided at ABC. Working as a Program Coordinator is rewarding and fulfilling, and offers daily opportunities to better the lives of the participants served at ABC.
Schedule, Pay, and Benefits:
Program Coordinator positions are Full Time, with scheduled hours typically between 8:00-4:30, Monday through Friday. However, this position is considered “exempt” and offers some flexibility. Salary ranges between $29,000-$31,000 per year depending on qualifications, plus a great benefits package that includes generous paid time off, 403b match after 6 months of employment, employer paid life insurance after 6 months of employment, and health, dental, and flexible spending options.
- Must be 18 or older, and have a valid driver’s license, valid car insurance, be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and Department of Human Services background study.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in counseling, social services, psychology, or related field and two years’ experience working with people with disabilities.
- Without a Bachelor’s Degree, must have at least 4 years’ experience working with people with disabilities
Work Supervisor (Multiple Openings)
This position will primarily focus on managing a production area in our Supply Chain and Fulfillment Center. The size and scope of our facility affords Work Supervisors the freedom to manage and control all aspects of their assigned area.
- Implement participant program plan objectives as indicated in the participant’s program plan. Conduct participant performance appraisals when requested from Program Coordinators. Write monthly case notes for each participant supervised.
- Manage all physical aspects of an assigned production area to include: safety, equipment/fixed assets and physical layout to ensure optimal efficiency.
- Manage the supply chain process of an assigned production area to include: raw material receiving, purchase order processing, completion of the work, quality, and finished goods shipping.
- Communicate and provide occasional customer service for assigned products.
- Conduct daily record-keeping such as time cards, program participant productivities, and time studies.
- Assist in other departments and areas as needed. Participate in the overall agency mission and goals.
1-2 years of experience operating in a manufacturing/production environment
Previous experience or education in rehabilitation preferred, but not required.
ABC is seeking individuals who are motivated, professional, and most importantly, radiate a positive attitude. Our production facility operates as a hybrid between production and rehabilitation programming, but we are seeking candidates who primarily have production experience for this position. Candidates that have no experience in programming will be given comprehensive training to match their production experience. Come work at ABC, where there is meaning behind everything we build!