Do what you like; like what you do!
Are you feeling fulfilled in your work life? Would you love to come to work every day? Consider a career at ABC working alongside people with disabilities and completing contracts for our partners. ABC offers great hours, flexible schedules, and generous paid time off!
Review our open positions and complete an online application. Or you can stop by our office at 1911 14th Street, NW in Rochester and fill out an application.
Ability Building Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Questions? Call Kellie Wendland at (507) 535-7104.
Current ABC Staff Openings
Last updated Friday, October 19, 2018
- Direct Support Professional (multiple openings, Rochester and LaCrescent)
- Work Supervisor (multiple openings in Rochester)
- Safety Coordinator (one opening in Rochester)
Location: Rochester and LaCresecent
Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends possible; full-and part-time positions available.
Responsible for implementation of training and habilitation plans and direct supervision of adults with disabilities in facility-based and community based employment.
- Preference given to individuals having experience working with persons having disabilities.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Good “people” skills.
- Computer skills necessary.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and be willing to transport program participants.
- Evenings and weekends are possible.
Positions range from $11.00 to $12.00 per hour + shift differential and benefits for eligible positions.
The primary responsibility of the work supervisor is to effectively implement training procedures to satisfy individualized program plans, supervise program participants as directed by the Program Coordinator, and ensure work is completed according to time schedules and quality standards.
- Must possess the ability to provide physical intervention and physical care for persons with limitations and/or aggressive behaviors.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable.
- Must be able to work with staff members in identifying individual program goals and objectives.
- Must be capable and willing to transport individuals in personal and/or ABC vehicle or provide supervision on available public transportation systems.
- Must be willing to work weekdays/evenings and/or weekends with varied shift hours.
- Knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office products.
Positions start at $11.00 per hour + shift differential and benefits for eligible positions.
Responsible for overall safety program coordination and workers compensation administration.
- Knowledge of OSHA and CARF health and safety standards.
- Knowledge of Minnesota Workers’ Compensation system.
- Knowledge of government inspection procedures, specifications, and standards.
- Ability to use a variety of assembly test equipment.
- Ability to read and understand specifications and blueprints.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to independently lead a team.
- Ability to collaborate with others throughout the organization.
Starting at $15.00 per hour.