An individual is a person in a community with limited access to technology and with a disability, or an individual is a person in a community with limited access to technology and a member of a low-income family per definition below:
- Limited access to technology
- Low-income – up to 280% of poverty (guidelines)
- Disability means a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more of the major life activities of such individual; a record of such impairment; or being regarded as having such an impairment.
- Prohibited Recipient is any entity whose primary purpose is the promotion and advancement of religion, a political party or a commercial for-profit entity.
- The individual must be a client of an organization that can verify eligibility requirements.
- Complete an Individual Application Form and return to Ability Building Center for review.
- Applications will be ranked according to: percent of poverty, number of children in the household, and use of computer – education, job skills, employment, assist with disability.
- Applications are reviewed on a weekly basis. Applicants are then notified of application status, and if approved, a time is scheduled for pickup of computer system.
- Applications are on a first-come, first-served basis, and availability of a computer system is not guaranteed.
- Computer systems include one of each: computer base unit, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and cables. Systems are not guaranteed to have built-in sound.
- A fee will be paid to Ability Building Center at the time of pick up. Accepted forms of payment are cash and valid credit/debit card. Personal Checks are not accepted. A “no show” to your scheduled pickup appointment will result in the need to complete a new application.
Please note that our systems are provided on an “as is” basis with no warranties or guarantees from Ability Building Center, Ability Built Computers or our donor partners. Ability Building Center and Ability Built Computers provides the equipment to the recipient without liability or an obligation to provide indemnity of any kind. We will, however, provide exchanges on faulty equipment for up to 90 days, EXCEPT for damage caused by the user. Viruses are examples of damage caused by users. Systems that are not working because of viruses can be repaired by Ability Built Computers, but additional fees will apply.
Recipients of equipment will execute the agreements provided by Ability Building Center and Ability Built Computers that govern license rights to the software Ability Built Computers installs on the equipment. The recipient agrees to comply with applicable laws and regulations governing ownership and use of the equipment, in particular those laws and regulations governing the proper disposal of the donated equipment.
No refunds will be given. Personal checks are not accepted.
Ability Built Computers
1911 14th St. NW
Rochester, MN 55901
Phone (507) 535-7119
FAX (507) 281-6270